1. Form a group of 5 or 6.
2. Everyone should put his or her key chain on the table.
3. Each person should explain what he or she has on the key chain and why.
4. Other group member should write down words on given Post-It notes (one word per note). The words can be noun, adjective or verb.
5. Once everyone tells his or her story, the group will post all the Post-It notes on the wall, pulling everyone’s notes together.
6. Create clusters of Post-It notes by grouping similar or related words together.
7. Begin to organize clusters by noting relationship among clusters. For example, try to establish X- and Y-axis. Or try to establish timeline.
8. Complete the sentence, “A keychain is …”